Discuss Wrt door entry system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

ses

-
Reaction score
Hi Guys

im not sure if this is the correct section, I have not been online for a while and can longer access the security section for some reason.

i have a customer with a WRT cat 5 video door entry system. The door release part is no longer working.
the door lock release i have tested with a battery and it works fine. I have 12v dc at the lock when the client presses the door release button at the interior panel but only for a second. The company is a chinese make and getting tech support is proving difficult. Door entry I dabble in its not my main area but if anyone is familiar with this system or can help with what to look for that would be a great help. Its a 12v dc lock mortice latch release. Has been working fine for around 5 years.

Hi Guys

im not sure if this is the correct section, I have not been online for a while and can longer access the security section for some reason.

i have a customer with a WRT cat 5 video door entry system. The door release part is no longer working.
the door lock release i have tested with a battery and it works fine. I have 12v dc at the lock when the client presses the door release button at the interior panel but only for a second. The company is a chinese make and getting tech support is proving difficult. Door entry I dabble in its not my main area but if anyone is familiar with this system or can help with what to look for that would be a great help. Its a 12v dc lock mortice latch release. Has been working fine for around 5 years.
i would prove the door release cable first, it might be damaged or the particular relay might be malfunctioning.

how does the door release work? does it break the power to the lock, switch a relay or send a signal back to a controller

Hi Guys

Did you ever have access to the security forum? I can't see any record of it in your profile history. You changed your email address back in Sept 2012 and your permissions needed resetting at that time, maybe the access was lost because of that.

Reply to Wrt door entry system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock