Discuss Yet another terror attack in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry Des: Can't agree with you on that one buddy, internment won't deter them. It will just cost the British public more money.

Me neither,I put up the word to see what support it gets

I read a article by a former head of national security who would like to see it introduced,then another by a former head who was against

More effort needed to target those who preach and target individuals vulnerable to suggestion as well as the communication platforms / companies that abstain responsibility for policing the services they provide that facilitate such hatred.
I'd disagree that the platforms, or the internet itself are even remotely responsible and regardless of what I think they're impossible to police.

There's about half a million hours of video uploaded to youtube every day and that's just one platform. There's thousands of video hosting platforms and they're located all over the world, many in places where UK and US and EU laws don't apply.

Also I don't see how it's a good idea to make Google and Facebook into being the all-powerful internet police although this could be a separate debate entirely.

I see end-to-end encryption is another thing they're trying to paint as public enemy number one. Kind of ironic seeing as many of the encrypted platforms introduced their encryption specifically in response to the Snowden revelations of illegal surveillance by governments in the US and the UK.

The fact this seems to be one of the UK governments big answers to the terrorist problem means to me they're either clutching at straws or just using the terrorism as a convenient tool to forward the anti-encryption and internet control agenda which is worrying to say the least and I fear it's taking valuable resources away from actually preventing the senseless killings.

Me neither,I put up the word to see what support it gets

I read a article by a former head of national security who would like to see it introduced,then another by a former head who was against

Understand where your going now, don't know why the idiot wants internment introduced. It's been tried in other places & failed.
Thankfully he's a former head, not current.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Yet another terror attack in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net