Discuss Zs on TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
What is the point in carrying out zs on TT system other than verifying a loop.
We got an Ra of 14.8 but when all bonding is in place it comes down to 1.9 ohms for most circuits zs results. I just don't see the point if rcd protected .

The rcd main switch is going to trip on fault current even before the mcb reach full operating current. So the trip times arnt met. Geeees are yous on the ale everyday.

Your ever here the song , where's your head at , where's your head. I singing it.

did I not word the question right?? I know you English are slow, like uh hmmm errrr.

what is the point of zs test on a TT system with 100mA rcd an Ra of 14.1 ohms. . Think a 1A fuse might trip without help of rcd.

geeeeeeeezus

I know I ain't the brightest spark, but I don't know how you can't get what I'm saying without going off about overload, irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe answering my own question and yous all laughing ..

- - - Updated - - -

Yehaaaaa

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna have bottle of wine and forget this thread,

I know I ain't the brightest spark, but I don't know how you can't get what I'm saying without going off about overload, irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe answering my own question and yous all laughing ..

- - - Updated - - -

Yehaaaaa

No offence meant fella , but that did make me laugh !

Do you understand what I'm saying?

again for the brain impaired.

what is point in zs test on TTsystem , that has 100mA rcd and Ra of 14 ohms

Reply to Zs on TT in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I did my first EICR on a TT system today and the Zs was a lot higher than Ze+R1+R2 on everything. Zs was around 3.5 ohms on all of the ring...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Anyone come across this before? I was asked to do a Zs on a 3ph surge device; L1 was around 6 ohm, L2 & L3 around 0.11. Wired in singles from a...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Hi, searched but still niggling problem need help on... Installation: - 4mm earth to earthing electrode (rod) Ra 42ohm Zdb 33ohm 1361 60A main...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock