Discuss Zs readings on TT system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi there,
In the process of testing a large property. TT system. Ra is 58.4 ohms so all good. But starting to test Zs and getting readings of 0.18 on sockets?
Why would this be?

bonding to gas and water, or someone has linked N-E.

I earned £1000+a week the last two weeks Richard , and I may say thx to you for you patience over last few years on here, I'm getting good at this electrical stuff.....

i`ll bet its a redundant rod....

which of course would now be considered an extranious conductive part....and as such is bonded....

so the old earthing conductor to it has now become the earth rod`s bonding conductor...if you like...

I earned £1000 a week the last two weeks Richard , and I may say thx to you for you patience over last few years on here, I'm getting good at this electrical stuff.....
Well done, I have just done my tax and I earned £1000 (nearly) in the last year!
I must be a poor electrician!:aureola:

Thank you for your thanks and glad it has helped.

Just remember to keep getting better!

Or... To be precise (i bet), the water pipe is directly linked to next doors', who have... A TN system.

happens every now and again.

so (I bet) if you disconnected the bonds and re-ZS'd it'd be alot higher!

obviously the above is not recommended unless you have sole control of the installation etc etc

Reply to Zs readings on TT system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I did my first EICR on a TT system today and the Zs was a lot higher than Ze+R1+R2 on everything. Zs was around 3.5 ohms on all of the ring...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Carrying out a EICR in a commercial setting. In the main intake room the DNO supply comes in and it states clearly this is a PME system. 5 years...
Replies
Views
Doing a lot of EICRs at the moment and have came across what I'm sure is a common enough problem. In an off grid rural cottage I have a TT system...
Replies
Views
I have been asked to provide a quote for a supply to an toilet block on a campsite. The three phase supply to the campsite is approx. 150m from...
Replies
Views
Big argument with a newly qualified electrician with all the necessary qualifications Had to give him a hand later on during the day, nice DB...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock