Discuss ZS Testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

With a 20 amp pulse down the earth I would defo recommend unplugging appliances , not only because you could damage some appliances , you will be inducing a live supply to the casing of class 1 appliances ,,,

I always do. If the ELI is high there could be a shock risk while doing the test. There is always a risk that someone could be in contact with the equipment.

I always do. If the ELI is high there could be a shock risk while doing the test. There is always a risk that someone could be in contact with the equipment.

How do you work that out ?

If the ELI is high enough to allow >50V touch voltage on the CPC the test aborts, my meter allows me to set this at either >= 25V or >= 50V, I would assume most other meters do the same or similar.

How do you work that out ?

If the ELI is high enough to allow >50V touch voltage on the CPC the test aborts, my meter allows me to set this at either >= 25V or >= 50V, I would assume most other meters do the same or similar.

If the CPC was totally open circuit there has to be a shock risk.

If the CPC was totally open circuit there has to be a shock risk.

But the test aborts in that case.

What I was getting at was if you look at all of the calcs in the regs concerning Bonding, sup bonding, RCDs, Earth rods on TT, they are all concerned with stopping the touch voltage from rising above 50V , exactly the same as your meter does during the test, for the same reasons.

By your reasoning you could have a fully compliant system (albeit on the edge), that could be err... dangerous in the event of a fault, which is precisely what the regs are designed to prevent. no?

But the test aborts in that case.

What I was getting at was if you look at all of the calcs in the regs concerning Bonding, sup bonding, RCDs, Earth rods on TT, they are all concerned with stopping the touch voltage from rising above 50V , exactly the same as your meter does during the test, for the same reasons.

By your reasoning you could have a fully compliant system (albeit on the edge), that could be err... dangerous in the event of a fault, which is precisely what the regs are designed to prevent. no?
yep...

i read that one...and thought it was drivvel....

Reply to ZS Testing in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net