Discuss 0.00 ohms r1+r2 on radial circuit? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

N

Newbie90

Hi all,

I've tested several radial circuits and only getting 0.00 ohms on the r+r2 test (zero'd leads)

2 of the radials only supplies one socket each and are approx. 3 metres in total length. (zs 0.25 and 0.21)
Another radial only supplies one socket and is appox. 5m in length. (zs 0.35)
The final radial supplies 2 sockets and approx. 7m in total length. (zs 0.53)

Are the readings due to the length of the run or could it be the batteries need changing on my Fluke Multifunction (even though no battery warning)

Thanks

3m of 2.5/1.5 will have a R1+R2 of 0.06. probably too low for your meter's resolution. try witout nulling the leads, then subtract the lead resistance from the measurement.

Thanks for the quick replies.

The Fluke Multifunction is auto ranging for the continuity tests and according to their website, on the 20 ohms scale for continuity testing it's resolution is 0.01 ohms.

So I would of thought it could read as little as 0.01 ohms.

I've heard they produce funny readings when they need new batteries but I've had no warning.

Just to prove your MFT how about fitting some replacement batteries, and see if that make any difference

and you've been a member long enough that you should know there's no such thing as r1+r2 on a radial . :6:

Or try your instrument on some lengths of spare cable and see what you get.
Compare your readings against the theoretical values in the back of the OSG.

Ha, missed that one Tel! :)

and you've been a member long enough that you should know there's no such thing as r1+r2 on a radial . :6:
Missed that one mate teach me to note the diff in r1+r2 and R1+R2 wont it?

Although technically its R1+R2 for your radial circuits. Whereas you record r1+r2 around your RFC with the highest value being classed as R1+R2. Is this a play on the capital 'R' telectrix?

Although technically its R1+R2 for your radial circuits. Whereas you record r1+r2 around your RFC with the highest value being classed as R1+R2. Is this a play on the capital 'R' telectrix?

Don't forget your divide by 4 now! :)

Reply to 0.00 ohms r1+r2 on radial circuit? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock