Discuss 1-10v dimmers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

For the link between the switch and ballast we use 2 pairs of cat 5e , can also be used to control DALI. LUTRON.and C-BUS to mention a few I would also recommend the installation of bootlace crimps

To be honest I haven’t got a clue about them. So anything would help me out, I need to switch one bank of 8, two banks of 2 and a single light in a class room. I am using the twin 24w pll Apollo Lighting Ltd - Centurion
the lights are currently wired would I be use current mains wiring even though all thirteen lights are on a single switch[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

O'K' No big deal , if its a one off and you've never used them before look at either Wise controls or Rako they both do ' stand alone ' units the instructions supplied are quite simplistic either go to their web sites or visit Mr Resistor It's not that difficult just a logical approach .
Have a look if there's anything you don't understand or want help with let me know , failing that you could go the the C-Bus route , send me all the info and I'll do the design and email the software and I'll guide you through programming on site over the phone:D

To be honest I haven’t got a clue about them. So anything would help me out, I need to switch one bank of 8, two banks of 2 and a single light in a class room. I am using the twin 24w pll Apollo Lighting Ltd - Centurion
the lights are currently wired would I be use current mains wiring even though all thirteen lights are on a single switch

Send me all the details and I'll sort it the easiest way :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr resistor make wise control themselves, Have used it a little what do you think of it bugsy quality wise haha , found it to be a bit cottage industry ie electronics designed in the Uk and then manufactured in china cheap. Oh and Mr resistor have the worst customers service ever really rude and condescending on the phone second hand car salesmen:mad:

Mr resistor make wise control themselves, Have used it a little what do you think of it bugsy quality wise haha , found it to be a bit cottage industry ie electronics designed in the Uk and then manufactured in china cheap. Oh and Mr resistor have the worst customers service ever really rude and condescending on the phone second hand car salesmen:mad:

Horses for courses, if he has never done wirless before then wise is easy to use and reliable,
Wise controls are not manufactured by Mr Resistor , they are a main distributor

The technical guy from mr resistor said they commissioned wise controls and they sub out the manufacture, just going on what I heard, It was easy to set up had a whole house on there Dim slim stuff not saying its a bad choice. Had a complete nightmare integrating their push button transmiters into a european back box though:D.
I do prefer Rako.

The technical guy from mr resistor said they commissioned wise controls and they sub out the manufacture, just going on what I heard, It was easy to set up had a whole house on there Dim slim stuff not saying its a bad choice. Had a complete nightmare integrating their push button transmiters into a european back box though:D.
I do prefer Rako.

YEP, and I prefer C-Bus until of course we ALL start using KNX

They are always way ahead of us :(. The two way switching in the house was done with a common switch line run to all of the points at which you wanted 2 way and then they use relays in the switches nice:D oh and some of the Hager breakers were already pushfit connections!. I like the look of the Klik stuff with the shotgun plugs.

Reply to 1-10v dimmers in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock