Discuss 1.25mm flex....extension reel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dustydazzler

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
just purchased a cheap extension reel lead

My old one was 1.5mm flex

The new one is 1.25mm flex

Cheeky buggers

Ordered of eBay

It just said 13a 50metre extension lead

Only cost £14,99 so no big deal

Just never seen 1.25mm flex , must be foreign ?

I’m not disputing that 1.25mmsq is good for 13a

Just never seen it

All my other older reel leads are 1.5mmsq cores

It isn't a common size but is used for extension cords as it is rated at 13A, normally those with a four way socket on the end.

AFAIK all the bog standard 13A extension reels I've bought in the last 15-20 years have been 1.25mm². We used to keep dozens of them in stock and I'd have noticed any 1.5 when auditing PAT results. Only our own cables that we made with H07 were 1.5.

Well there you go !
My learning for the day
They say you learn something new everyday
I to have never seen 1.25mm cable
seen 1mm and 1,5mm but not 1.25mm
But in my neck of the woods you dont see 13A circuits.
10A or 15A are normal for us.

Reply to 1.25mm flex....extension reel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone. I'm surprised this subject does not get much attention. 'The elephant in the room' I refer to is the 'new rubber'. On new...
Replies
Views
I am using a 160watt-200watt multi uv tube stand alone sunbed,When the 2 power leads (plugs protected by 2x13amp fuses) plugged into a double wall...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’ve just moved into an new house and noticed that one of the light fittings in the hall looks different from the others. The flex seems...
Replies
Views
So, I actually brought a set of knock off install pliers like the ones in this video... and just like the guy in the video, I found the cheap...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock