Discuss £100k worth of panels stolen! £25K reward. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Johnpaul

I have a Solar installation company in Rotherham, south Yorkshire. Recent developments have made sourcing materials very difficult. Our order books were fuller than ever so I took delivery of 200nr LDK Poly 235W panels on Friday 18th November to supplement the 104 we already had in stock. This was to see us through the next couple of weeks. By Monday morning they had all been stolen.

My insurance covers a fraction of the cost and believe me I have punished myself for the decision to stock so many but I am sure you will understand the strategy as possession is everything at present.

If any of you has been offered these panels for sale please let me know. we have all the serial numbers.

Panels stolen.
210 LDK 235W Poly
50 LG 220W Mono
18 Centrosolar Black frame 225W Mono
26 Solarworld 250W Mono

The CID is now involved, local radio and Papers have covered the story.

I have offered £25K reward for information leading to the safe recovery of the panels.

John Paul

Hi John , Sorry to hear that mate , hope they catch the ****** and you get the panels back.
Lee

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats a sh---ter 4 trips in ldv van !! Surprised it made it!!it had to happ somewhere! Ive been waiting for first lot to be ripped off a roof!!again its bound to happ!! Sorry for u mate!!scum!!

Sorry John - I'll keep my eyes and ears open too. I'll spread the word to installers who don't read the forum too.

Thank you all for your responses. It good to know you care.

Its a good thing we are so busy as it takes my mind off the theft. We have secured stocks to replace the stolen ones thank you. The painful part will be [paying for them as we haven't paid for the stolen ones yet.

Luckily we don't rely on Solar for an income as we are an Electrical Installations/Inspection and Testing company. Solar just became an expensive add on.

I will post Police contact details when I return to work so you will have an incident number to report to should you suspect any stolen panels being sold.

johnpaul

Mate gutted for you , they will be going abroad somewhere as its all traceable. ur spare stock is 157 x 220 mono but in dorset so miles away for imediate pick up , could have them to you tommorow if you like them delivered

Mark 07866 777474

Hi Guys

Any info regarding the stolen panels can you please contact the South Yorkshire Police on Tel 101 and quote Computer Log Number 139.

Thanks

John Paul

You managed to get replacements..... you did well

Dont suppose you have better contacts than i do for fixing kits etc, as my wholesalers/suppliers are really getting on my nerves.

Sorry to hear about your problems, hope things sort them selves out.

Sounds very organised to be an opportunist theft. Got to have been someone who knew you had all of those panels in their- obviously you cant jump to conclusions but potential rogue member of staff either doing it himself or giving someone else the info would be my first guess.

no doubt about it but Plonkers like that make all the good workforce look bad! just hope u get them back!!!!!!!!!!!! or caught !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the response so far. Anyone with news shouls please call 01709 832256 and ask for the investigating officer Tony Fitzwilliam

Thanks

Reply to £100k worth of panels stolen! £25K reward. in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock