Discuss 10kw install advice on small farm shop & outbuildings in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

marc8

-
Reaction score
Hi All

have customer that i work for on a regular bassis doing electrical works, last year we got costs to upgrade our supply
to property due to expansion of works. going from 25kva trans to 50kva trans moving our supply to new location.
whilst undertaking this work i am to upgrade the supply cable to sub DB (covering shop).
move all other electrical subs across to new main switch & supply chamber to improve our infrastructre for the future.

we have been talking about installing pv on site fora while now, we are single storey buildings, pan tile, all nearly as poss
to due south. i have suggested 10kw system to them looking at 4 seperate buildings which they are happy to use.

done some calcs on Wednesday got following.

10KWp
5 degree of south
35 degree pitch
shading factor 1

post code table 12 =960

9600KWh per annum

14.90p x 9600 = £1,430.40
12.63 X 4800 = £1,212.48 as we are high user i have done sums for 100% usage with nothing back to grid

i should mention we use approx 22300 units per quater & 12500 units night time per quater total around 35000 per quater. This is without out expansion.

£2,642.88 total per annum savings just wanted to check calcs ok?

& 4 seperate buidlings one inverter running back the DC cable to source but strings will be different lenghts, or go down route of seperate inverters? hope this is ok to ask?
any help would be apperciated.

Hi All

have customer that i work for on a regular bassis doing electrical works, last year we got costs to upgrade our supply
to property due to expansion of works. going from 25kva trans to 50kva trans moving our supply to new location.
whilst undertaking this work i am to upgrade the supply cable to sub DB (covering shop).
move all other electrical subs across to new main switch & supply chamber to improve our infrastructre for the future.

we have been talking about installing pv on site fora while now, we are single storey buildings, pan tile, all nearly as poss
to due south. i have suggested 10kw system to them looking at 4 seperate buildings which they are happy to use.

done some calcs on Wednesday got following.

10KWp
5 degree of south
35 degree pitch
shading factor 1

post code table 12 =960

9600KWh per annum

14.90p x 9600 = £1,430.40
12.63 X 4800 = £1,212.48 as we are high user i have done sums for 100% usage with nothing back to grid

i should mention we use approx 22300 units per quater & 12500 units night time per quater total around 35000 per quater. This is without out expansion.

£2,642.88 total per annum savings just wanted to check calcs ok?

& 4 seperate buidlings one inverter running back the DC cable to source but strings will be different lenghts, or go down route of seperate inverters? hope this is ok to ask?
any help would be apperciated.

its 13.5p/kWh for 4-10 kW PV systems so 9600 x 13.5p/kWh is £1296

is it three phase or single phase supply?

Hi Ian-LS

thanks for both the above was just getting quote together for the job many thanks, so will include for the 50% back to the grid at 4.46/KWh.
£2731.20 per annum not bad

Reply to 10kw install advice on small farm shop & outbuildings in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock