Discuss 10mm t&e lsoh cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anything on the market that will ease the connection of this ridiculous cable & size.
At the moment us nutties are struggling to connect into a 45 amp cooker switch,fixed on a fast fix 2g box,then struggling with a cable outlet connection,are we mad or what.
Something is gonna bust,madness.

Is it too late or is it possible to fit a metal backbox to a noggin or stud or back wall that'll give you 35mm or 47mm strong backbox? If there isn't then just let us know how you get on - we feel for you!

It's a existing stud wall,in a school,the fast fix box is a 47 mm 2g ,its pretty ridiculous really,expecting to connect a cable that size correctly,in terminals that are not designed for it.
Might fit a surface mount rotary switch,that will cause some remarks,find out what architect suggests,might get him to connect it ha ha

Yea cheers,being a bit of a wimp.But I think for domestic fittings a rethink of manufacturing accessories to suit this kind of cable.
Every turn of the screw,makes me nervous.

why using a 10mm cable on a 45A switch? surely 6mm will be ample if the itchy-poo monkeys haven't been.

It may not be a problem to connect,but why is it always a hassle,& yea it could of been a 1g box,don't tweak the terminals too tight now,...

I would not put a 10mm in a fast fix box on second fix, on first fix noggin for metal back box never a any problem when I fitting 10mm in 35mm box or 47 mm.
you will lean over time next time ask the joiner on site to put noggin in for you .
if not diy.

Reply to 10mm t&e lsoh cable in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
We have a room in the house that was the kitchen. That has been relocated to a different area, so the old kitchen has been sold off and the room...
Replies
Views
Greetings everyone. My first post here, having read a similar thread, I understand that following the manufacturers guidance is all important...
Replies
Views
Hi All Just looking for a 2nd opinion on cable sizing / breaker for a old cooker. The customer has had a 'Cooker Engineer' out to advise that...
Replies
Views
Doing an EICR on a top floor flat recently and run into an issue I often do - which is judging imperial sizes when they are larger than the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock