Discuss 110V System in a worshop in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marcuscrackus

Hi All

I am designing a 110v system for a local workshop. They have speced 20 outlets not all to used at one time. Id think realistacally 40% would be the max.

My question is i have been speked at 15KVA tran with 2 80amp outlets and they say to daisychain 10 sockets from each outlet. They cant quite seem to understand that i ahve to spec my cable to 80amps and are asking me to daisy chain from each 16amp outlet....

I would be under the impression that a dedicated 110v DB would be better with 16amp mcb's for each outlet. Would these want to be d/p mcb's? rated at 16amp?

As you can probably notice i have never done any 110v before. ANy help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Mark

110V Center tapped supply will need an extremely low Zs to comply. Far better splitting into several smaller circuits from a DB.

Hi All

I am designing a 110v system for a local workshop. They have speced 20 outlets not all to used at one time. Id think realistacally 40% would be the max.

My question is i have been speked at 15KVA tran with 2 80amp outlets and they say to daisychain 10 sockets from each outlet. They cant quite seem to understand that i ahve to spec my cable to 80amps and are asking me to daisy chain from each 16amp outlet....

I would be under the impression that a dedicated 110v DB would be better with 16amp mcb's for each outlet. Would these want to be d/p mcb's? rated at 16amp?

As you can probably notice i have never done any 110v before. ANy help would be apreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Who’s designing this? You don’t seem to be.

If you design it you specify the equipment.

Reply to 110V System in a worshop in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net