Discuss 110v transformer blowing trip in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

it's quite possible that it's tripping a MCB due to initial surge, and that there's nothing wrong with it. mine will pop a 32A type B, 2 times out of 5.

Yep, its still blowing RCD trip. Will try opening the top cover and have a look and will have a go about testing it. I appreciate all serious advice given on the thread but those who are leaving pathetic comments I cant see the point. You must have one miserable life if you have nothing better that to post up garbage on the net....lol

@ Jay4321 - I apologise for my part in the pathetic comments and unprofessional way I posted. I put it down to the fact that everyone else was doing it and I wanted to fit in LOL :)
peer pressure is a b*&ch.

Hope you sort out your problem. got to go now back to my miserable life now.:hanged:

Yep, its still blowing RCD trip. Will try opening the top cover and have a look and will have a go about testing it. I appreciate all serious advice given on the thread but those who are leaving pathetic comments I cant see the point. You must have one miserable life if you have nothing better that to post up garbage on the net....lol
thought you would have tested it first before attempting to stick some juice in it.....

Uhum and you did get a good reply on post 2, so although we are having a laugh, the help was there long before the jokes started, there is a thanks button too if you get help you asked for, see post below????????????????

before you bin it, do a IR test ( Land N shorted and test to E ). is it tripping RCD or MCB?

can't wait for him to post his IR readings. those from the secondary should be a laff. or am i pi$$ing into the wind?

think we pi$$ed on H69 enough. he/she/it ain't been back

- - - Updated - - -

think we pi$$ed on H69 enough. he/she/it ain't been back

didn't do joan of arc much good. she ended up more well done than my lady's cooking.

a Residual Current Device is designed to find fault, if it keeps tripping, I assume their is a fault.
its not "blowing the trip for some reason" its doing what it was designed to do and preventing electric shock.

how inconvenient!

Assume there's a fault... Only assume??

didn't do joan of arc much good. she ended up more well done than my lady's cooking.
There's a conspiracy theory that they burnt someone else though Tel. Apparently the crowd were kept well away from the fire which was supposed to be unusual in those days and rumour has it that she turned up somewhere 6 months after the burning.
It's probably all bolox like all other conspiracy theories though

to be serious though those trannys tend to trip the breakers on switch on, they take a lot of ooomph on start up
i bought a new one last year
the insruction books mentioned it
did i mention trannys? h,mmm thats another story

Reply to 110v transformer blowing trip in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net