Discuss 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is times like this we forget the petty differences between us and all stand tall with our heads bowed to show our deep respect for our fallen hero's, some incredible replies so far in this thread, pete we love you mate, I hope all goes well for you my friend.
Thanks, sure it will I hope, won't know for deffo till Jan 2019, sure they will let me know sooner if something is not right.

Polish Indépendance day tomorrow when Poland became a country after being wiped off the map.

I will remember my Father and Mother as they both served.

Also picked up The Arctic Star earlier this year to complete the set.

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 19.30.29.jpg

Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 19.31.57.jpg

God help the Nurses lol.

I have got to give credit to trump about NATO .tell the other country's to cough up and start paying your shear. and France macaroon wanting to put together a E.U. army .I bet they want be leading the charge .what is the white in the middle of the flag I wonder.,
Just a little heads up for you Buzz, this is actually a thread about remembrance Sunday, which is tomorrow.

I just watched news footage of the world leaders joining together for rememberance.
French Macron nudges Trump and offers his hand for a handshake photo opportunity… What does Trump do??? "Thumbs up!"
What an idiot.

Not sure why Trump is the idiot considering it was that idiot Macron who said that the EU (apparently a trading block) needs an Army to protect itself from the US.

I'll be in town tomorrow with my family observing the silence, hopefully attending a service too.

Before I became a wire rustler I studied art and art history. A particular project saw me studying war artists, one of which was Paul Nash, the official British war artist for WWI and serving soldier.

I think that some of the paintings he produced, particularly the ones depicting shelled battlefields with scorched trees, serve as some of the most powerful images I have ever seen to remind us of the futility and destruction of war, most of all the human loss.
For me there is no better reminder than these pictures.

optimisediwmart002242tif.jpg

nash-making-new-world.jpg

Will be doing our tribute,in the morning,at our small clay shoot...flags up,silence and three shot salute...my sixteen year old,myself and our raggity bunch.

My mum's father was pilot of a Wellington,shot down over France,when she was 2 years old...there's two generations touched...my calling was elsewhere,but my lad will be off to Lympestone,for Marine Officer Training,after his A levels,so,the link continues...

So,for what has been,and what's to come - tomorrow matters.

Church did us proud for the remembrance - never seen so many suits on the peoples - looked liked court day (but not my lot!)
My mate pastor Ken, 82 who served in the SAS and as an MP went up to children’s church and used his parade stick to bring them into order. I don’t think they’ll forget that one for a while.

Hope it went well Pete, had a brain scan a few years ago and had to have all my fillings redone afterwards as the scanner had loosened them all.
All fine so far, the only thing I didn't like was being cocooned in the scanner with ear plugs in and Nursey mumbling just a small ----- and jabbing a needle in my arm and filling me up with some mildly radioactive dye, to be fair she had warned me before hand, but don't know about you I like to watch when someone is injecting me, a very disconcerting experience, but all went well otherwise, thanks for asking. Stopped for some scran at M40 Junction 10 services, Burger King looked inviting so got my Burger and sat down watching the day go by, something caught my eye saw this Asian family Young Hubby and Wife ith what I could only assume was Parents of some sort, they looked Afghan judging by the traditional clothes the Old couple were wearing, the Old Bay had a long white beard and looked totally bemused at the shops etc, I really felt for him, and he was wearing a poppy in his tunic, made me think about things for a while.

Last edited:

Reply to 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net