Discuss 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Trying to locate some photos of my Father in his whites, but can't find them but I remembered about a letter my Grandmother who I never met sent him, it starts off with "Władek, I am glad to hear that you are alive", my Fathers name was Władysław the letter was sent in 1952 my Father left home in 1939 before the war to be a trawler man.

I just can't imagine what people went through.

Trying to locate some photos of my Father in his whites, but can't find them but I remembered about a letter my Grandmother who I never met sent him, it starts off with "Władek, I am glad to hear that you are alive", my Fathers name was Władysław the letter was sent in 1952 my Father left home in 1939 before the war to be a trawler man.

I just can't imagine what people went through.
No neither can I

What I struggle to cope with , is the loss that the parents must have felt .......

So many of the brave ones were under 25

Several posts deleted for being off topic, probably not intentional but let's give this thread the Respect it deserves.

What I struggle to cope with , is the loss that the parents must have felt .......

So many of the brave ones were under 25
My Mother and her Sister buried their Father in a shallow grave on the way to Siberia when the Russians sent them to a concentration camp to die, it wasn't just the parents that suffered.

16 million were said to have died in the Great War (the war to end all wars)
People don’t mention the 50 million that died of Spanish flu immediately following the armistice!
Amazing numbers when you really think!
Utmost respect to all who went before us.

Guys please keep this thread on topic as this is the second time we have had to do a clean up.

A friends relative, when men where truly men, on the right missing a hand.

Adrian Carton de Wiart - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Carton_de_Wiart

11AM tommorrow                   . Screenshot 2018-11-12 at 14.51.41 - EletriciansForums.net

I would get them printed up on to small cards like the ones they hand out when you buy flowers as they are beautiful, make sure she signs her name.
Or make the picture into enamel badges, if possible, a lovely thought from one so young, well done Young Lady.

Just like to say thank you to all who served , and all who gave their lives in all wars.
I am off to the local Village Cenotaph to pay my respect to the fallen and all who served.

Reply to 11AM tommorrow . in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock