Discuss 120volt plug from 240 volt wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cujiman

i HAVE 240 volt wire feeding a submers water pump going down long hill.at bottom of hill is a junction box with 4 wire for pump on a dryer plug.rest of 4 wire feed plugs into it.for pump.i want to hook a 120 volt plug in at this point using the existing 240 volt 4 wire with 2 hots.can i do this without running another wire down the hill.if so how do i do it thanks .would appreciate some guidance on this.

it's time thesae colonials realised what shyte we're getting here with all these foreign criminals. let's face it, canada has thousands of square miles of inhospitable frozen wastes, they could easily take 20,000 or so of them off us.

i HAVE 240 volt wire feeding a submers water pump going down long hill.at bottom of hill is a junction box with 4 wire for pump on a dryer plug.rest of 4 wire feed plugs into it.for pump.i want to hook a 120 volt plug in at this point using the existing 240 volt 4 wire with 2 hots.can i do this without running another wire down the hill.if so how do i do it thanks .would appreciate some guidance on this.

I agree with the others get a qualified electrician to sort this out.
there is a way to do it with what you have but its not legal to do and damn well unsafe.
should the pump come on while the 120 volt side is loaded it would cause an overload and possible fire.
you would be far better off to have an electrician run another circuit and have it safe and up to code.

Reply to 120volt plug from 240 volt wire in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net