Discuss 12volt fan help please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robert0881

Hi.

I have a 12v fan installed already in the bathroom and a few weeks ago this stopped working. I was pretty sure the fan was broken so I purchased another fan but i cant get it to work. ive checked the cables and i have a 12v feed coming in on a brown and grey wire. Im presuming that somewhere in the loft there is a transformer but surely this must be ok as im geting 12volts coming into the bathroom?
The fan i bought to replace the old one has a L N T connections the previos fan only used Brown and grey and both the earth cable and the black cable had been clipped back out of use any ideas ??

I The replacement is also of the 12v kinds I presume?

It just that I witnessed something similar in the wholesalers a couple of months ago, where this guy had purchased a 230v fan and it didn’t work.
The supply turned out to be SELV.

i would check to make sure the black wire is not live first as your fan is a timed model and should have a permaenant and switch live feed but if you only have a switch live feed put a link between L and T but your fan will only run when the light is on it will have no over run

The timers are built into the transformers on 12V fans.

Therefore, on the secondary side there is just the 12V output.

Check the transformer in the loft because i bet it has been covered in insulation which has caused it to burn out

Reply to 12volt fan help please in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello I have an old timed extractor fan in the bathroom which has stopped working. It has 3 wires which are black, brown and grey. I believe that...
Replies
Views
Installed a new ceiling fan, with no previous light or power. There is a switch in the room that controls an outlet. I am trying to draw power...
Replies
Views
Hi all, New to the forum. I have been asked to look at this for one of our guys who's had an issue onsite after some electrical works had been...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Im new to the forum and wanted to check something and maybe get some advice confirmation. Ive got halogen wall lights which use a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had and electrian fit a bathroom xpelair lv100ts bathroom fan. It works fine but the timer won't stay on after the light is switched...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock