Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss 16mm Swa glanding Help.. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Welshsparky

Welshsparky Guest

Hey

Ive got a job later in the week , running a 16mm 4 core Armoured along an outside wall and making off into a suitable outdoor box. Can anyone suggest the best type of box to use? Had a quick look at the wholesalers today but they didnt really have anything that suited, Im just looking for something ip65 rated which i can easily gland the armoured into ( with room for the Banjo!)

Many thanks

Tom

2. The Ranger

The Ranger Guest

just ask for a 6"x6" about 80mm deep ip65 JB

3. R4BOE

R4BOE Guest

take care with how you lock the banjo mate as you must sandwich the banjo between two hex locknuts (u may well be aware of this if so tell me to shut up ) we use the newlec style eath locking nuts they are expesive but great to work with

Buy Newlec Cable Gland Earthing Nut Set, 20mm - NLENS20

se

4. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    surprised anyone uses banjos any more. these earth nuts ( pirhana and SWA do them as well as neweys) are the dog's nuts for glanding.

5. R4BOE

R4BOE Guest

what u paying for them telectrix ? we are about 1.20 + vat each for the 20mm

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
  6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    paid about the same las tim ei bought some.

7. silverfox1

silverfox1 Regular EF Member

[QUOTEtake care with how you lock the banjo mate as you must sandwich the banjo between two hex locknuts (u may well be aware of this if so tell me to shut up ) we use the newlec style eath locking nuts they are expesive but great to work with ][/QUOTE]

Must say I have never heard of that sanwiching banjo between locknuts where did you get that info, always learning in this game

8. needasparks

needasparks Electrician's Arms

What no wago's. so they aint that good then.......:)

9. jase

jase Electrician's Arms

do you need to banjo it? are you using swa as cpc? will swa be earthed from other end? do you need continuity of SWA?

10. benji

benji Electrician's Arms

do you need a banjo? well if your relying on armour for the earth i would say yes you need the banjo, it will have been tested to make sure it will take the fault current ,but will the locknut currenthave been tested to take the fault ?

11. jamie-spark

jamie-spark Regular EF Member

Must say I have never heard of that sanwiching banjo between locknuts where did you get that info, always learning in this game[/QUOTE]

It recommends this in GN8. As with expansion then contractionin heat/ cold with the plastic the effectivness of the earthing may be reduced. but by sandwiching the banjo the good continuity is always achived

12. silverfox1

silverfox1 Regular EF Member

With you now Jamie you are referring to termination of swa into a plastic box, makes sense now I must have been having a blonde moment.Interesting info about GN8 though cheers.

13. jamie-spark

jamie-spark Regular EF Member

No worries. Some parts are digestable som are yuk