Discuss 16mm T&E to Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Ha your not kidding... Can't believe thats someones work thats been put on the customer through the insurance company!! What would you recommend, 25mm SWA on an RCD?

When was it done because I would be on to the insurance company. Providing fault protection parameters are met a swa cable, assuming it is installed correctly would not require additional rcd protection.

It was wired about 6 months ago. I had a little chip away of the plaster where it comes through the wall, it is in metal capping. Time to bite the bullet today though. The poor women has been through enough with the insurance company, she has fought them for near 10 years to get the foundations and house fixed so this sums them up!!! Would you just use 25mm swa and keep the 100A isolator as the circuit protection?

Thanks again chaps

It was wired about 6 months ago. I had a little chip away of the plaster where it comes through the wall, it is in metal capping. Time to bite the bullet today though. The poor women has been through enough with the insurance company, she has fought them for near 10 years to get the foundations and house fixed so this sums them up!!! Would you just use 25mm swa and keep the 100A isolator as the circuit protection?

Thanks again chaps

An isolator does not provide any protection, it is just an isolator. You need an ocpd.
I doubt that I'd use 25mm SWA unless this was a very large house with a high demand.
A 63A submain with 10mm SWA is normally sufficient for a domestic installation.

Yeah like a fused isolation switch, I'm with you. Going to get onto the insurance company regarding it. Nice one fellas.

Reply to 16mm T&E to Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock