Discuss 16mm T&E to Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

It's TNS, that's a split concentric cable coming in with the earth strands being brought out of the bottom of the cutout into a separate single pole Henley block (a genuine Henley series 7 one)
That Henley block MET will have been supplied by the DNO.

I've had a couple done exactly like this by SSE on service alterations where they have maintained the TNS service.

Afternoon everyone, I've just been to a neighbours house who has just her home completely done up as the foundations are shot. The house has been rewired and in doing so the consumer unit has been moved to one side of the house (the main fuse is outside on the other side of house). I've gone to swap a light fitting over for her and have noticed the elec contractor who's rewired it has used 16mm t&e supply. The cable is buried within the wall so not sure what protection they've used, i might dig out some of the plaster to see. The main fuse is an 80A (the seal has been cut off the fuse carrier so i checked). There are 1 x 10mm for shower, 1 x 10mm for cooker, 1 x 10mm for hob, 3 x ring circuits, 1 x radial and 3 x lighting circuits. The job must have been signed off already and I haven't done any cable calcs yet but it just doesn't sit right with me. Has anyone came across this before? Opinions? Thanks in advance.

Ste
Under wall heating.

OmyDays its normally the supply authority who have a terrible installation, a sub main with no mechanical protection burred in wall with no RCD on a 100a fuse.

I have never seen such a bad consumer install on a new service head, i know what you mean i would just price accordingly mate.

This is how my old boss kept on telling the electricians to do it either 16mm T &E down cavity with polystyrene insulation or behind dot and dab although a KMF switch fuse was fitted it often had a 100A fuse fitted. The problem got worse when consumer unit had to be put at part M height yes you've guessed it down wall , I kept on telling him it did not comply the NICEIC kept on telling him in the end we both gave up. Removal from the approval roll .

This is how my old boss kept on telling the electricians to do it either 16mm T &E down cavity with polystyrene insulation or behind dot and dab although a KMF switch fuse was fitted it often had a 100A fuse fitted. The problem got worse when consumer unit had to be put at part M height yes you've guessed it down wall , I kept on telling him it did not comply the NICEIC kept on telling him in the end we both gave up. Removal from the approval roll .
I tell you Murdoch there is nothing funny about working for this guy.

Reply to 16mm T&E to Consumer Unit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock