Discuss 17TH TO 18TH REGS EXAM. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Toneyz

To all,
When the 17th came out I did the C & G update course and exam rather than the full course and exam as it was within a number of years from which I did my 16th. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I know that if it still is I would be outside that timeframe as I can't see any mention on any websites (F.E & others) of this now or are they now saying that if you have the wiring regs exam you only need to take the short exam. Also, has anyone had any dealings with an one-line provider called Electracourse?

Don’t know bout on line courses, but I did the 17th amd 3 and have been told I only need the 1 day refresh, I believe the earlier 17th need the full 3 day course

Please correct me if I’m wrong but there is only one exam. As Zdb above, up to you whether you do any courses at all before taking exam.

Hi AB and All - yes only one exam. We decide how much prep we need. I did an online study one that had exams almost nearby and it worked out well.

If you've got your 17th 3rd amendment. Then in my opinion you don't need to do the course, just the exam.
I did the course with exam in one day. I felt there was no need for the course part.

Hindsight I would have just done the exam instead of waistline a day off work losing money.

If you've got your 17th 3rd amendment. Then in my opinion you don't need to do the course, just the exam.
I did the course with exam in one day. I felt there was no need for the course part.

Hindsight I would have just done the exam instead of waistline a day off work losing money.
Absolutely agree, found the course mentally exhausting but it didn't really add anything.

If you can navigate the BYB you can navigate the BBB.

Don’t know bout on line courses, but I did the 17th amd 3 and have been told I only need the 1 day refresh, I believe the earlier 17th need the full 3 day course
I was contacted by the NIC regarding on line course and exam and told that, even without Am 3, the full 3 day is not required. Can't remember the price but it's a lot less than the 3 day.
'Money for nowt' men are at it again.

So an I correct in saying it is the same exam it is just the course the only reason I ask is that my certificate says update 16th to 17th on it and thought at the time they said the update exam was fewer questions and less time. Take it no one has heard of the online training provider.

The 17th exam from what I recall, was either 30 mins or 2 hours?
Think it depended on whether you had done the 16th update within the last 5 years.
I did the longer exam, just because that was what the college were doing on the day I sat the exam.
Cost me £30 for the exam.

Many of the on line courses being offered now, do not include the exam. The exam is extra, and seems very expensive.

The 17th exam from what I recall, was either 30 mins or 2 hours?
Think it depended on whether you had done the 16th update within the last 5 years.
I did the longer exam, just because that was what the college were doing on the day I sat the exam.
Cost me £30 for the exam.

Many of the on line courses being offered now, do not include the exam. The exam is extra, and seems very expensive.
Thanks, Spin, I thought it was, so does that apply to the 18th?

Had my NICEIC assessment yesterday and chatting to the assessor he said as I done the update from 16th to 17th then it’s a requirement to do the full course...however he said I can do an online update to amm3 then do the update from 17th to 18th at a JTL college (nearest to me 50 mins in Ashford) exam only. All in about £150

From what I understand, if you have done the 17th amd3 update then you can do a 1 day course.
If not, then iou are supposed to do a 3 day course.
Don’t see why you should have to do a course at all.
Should be able to just do the exam with no course at all if you want.
I suppose they think that you are learning how to interpret and understand the regs on these courses reality is another matter from when I did my 16th and 17th.

I suppose they think that you are learning how to interpret and understand the regs on these courses reality is another matter from when I did my 16th and 17th.
In my experience these courses couldn't give two hoots if you can understand or interpret the regs.

All they want to know is that you know where to look for the answer.

Reply to 17TH TO 18TH REGS EXAM. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net