Discuss 18th edition online courses in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

leep82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all as the title suggests im looking for any information for any online 18th edition courses. Would appreciate any feedback from anybody who has sat such a course, or your opinions on them.

Im keen to get my 18th edition done and dusted asap. Time and cost mean im giving serious consideration to booking up for an online course. Normally i would go and sit the course but im just looking into all options.

There’s quite a number of on line courses out there.
You need to check, that the course includes the exam when considering costs.
From what I understand, the exam has to taken at an examination centre.

I have recently completed the 18th at a college (6 evenings). Was largely a waste of time. I'd say anyone who knows their way around 7671, and did a few hours home revision, could just sit the exam and pass. Around 65% is the pass mark I believe.That should apply to most experienced electricians, after all it is our job to be able to navigate the regs book and much should already be known. There are also online practice papers to try, if you do well on those don't waste your time and money on a superfluous course.

Just passed my 18th edition today, using a online course to study and available free online exam simulators plus five past exam papers from this forum.
Cost of online course was 68£ (Definitely worth it, if you want to save time and money)
Exam Only Booked with local college was 90£ inc VAT
BS7671 book 79£

So we looking to pay 237£ if you do it online

I did my 17th edition online with tradeskills4u, your just log into their website to do the class based stuff then do the exam on a remote pc with teamviewer. I assume they do a similar course for the 18th.

I'm doing my 2391/52 atm and guy doing our classroom based stuff reckons you could probably get all the question relating to the 18th wrong and still get high enough % for a pass. Work that one out

So once everyone has been ripped off by having to do this ridiculous course, do we know how many more £££ they will try and extricate from us once these AFDD's actually come onto the market and presumably need testing? Another load of dosh for a replacement MFT, or stand alone tester. It's a f****g disgrace, what a load of utter garbage it all is. At least the white haired old idiots at the IET have had a hand in my imminent retirement into (very) part time non-notifiable working.

So once everyone has been ripped off by having to do this ridiculous course, do we know how many more £££ they will try and extricate from us once these AFDD's actually come onto the market and presumably need testing? Another load of dosh for a replacement MFT, or stand alone tester. It's a f****g disgrace, what a load of utter garbage it all is. At least the white haired old idiots at the IET have had a hand in my imminent retirement into (very) part time non-notifiable working.
Not keen then Sparks?

Reply to 18th edition online courses in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock