Discuss 18th Edition Online Training in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I have looked at doing the NIC online course instead of a classroom based to make it easier to learn when i have tine instead of sitting in a classroom with a pompus lecturer. Anyone done the NIC one who revommends it. £180 for thr update.

Anyone interested in 18th edition training... check out SparkyNinja on Facebook and YouTube.

He's releasing training videos and is asking interested parties to join his Facebook group with the plan of organising local exam days by region. Prices are quite tempting if he can get enough people in.

I think he's on video 18 at the moment of a series that is going through the 18th edition.

Check this video out for details:-

Personally I like to bounce ideas back and forth. I have mine booked for November for £200.

Does the NICEIC online one include exam fees and C&G certificate?

Anymore feedback on the online courses..?

I did the 17th before Amendment 3 so sounds as if I'd need to do the full course, not keen on taking 3 days off for it though to sit in a classroom!!

Anymore feedback on the online courses..?

I did the 17th before Amendment 3 so sounds as if I'd need to do the full course, not keen on taking 3 days off for it though to sit in a classroom!!
Hi - just did an online course and show up one morning for the 2hr exam. Worked out fine for me. I'd not live through 3 days on regs o_O.

I just did half a dozen of the mock exams you can find on line then one day refresher and exam.

To be honest you aren't learning the regs rather how to navigate the new book.

Most on here could pass this in 30 mins without the book or course.

My first attempt online with no book was 56%, then around 85% with BYB in about an hour.

After the day refresher I got 95%, of the three questions I got wrong two were ones I flagged and guessed at in the end.

I took an hour and fifteen minutes of the two hours but after the days refresher followed by the exam I had lost the will to live.

The one annoying thing is the mix of abilities on the course and candidates thinking they are there to learn basic theory, they are not. They are there to be made aware of changes to the regs and be taught how to navigate the new book.

Please dont fear this it is really simple if you follow the lecturers advice.

My tips are:-

The exam questions follow the book mostly. So early questions are on early sections of the book and so on.

Be aware of time, you have two minutes a question.

Fly through the exam once, fifteen minutes, and answer the obvious ones.

On the second pass use the book but do not get bogged down. If you go over a minute flag it and come back to it. A few times I stumbled on an obscure reg while looking for others.

By now you've probably passed already and still have an hour left. Pass mark 65% which is 39 correct answers.

Start to work through the tricky ones now in the comfort of knowing you're only really working for pride and just trying to get a big number.

Some questions still fall into the 'too much effort' category, dont be afraid to ditch them and move on.

Reply to 18th Edition Online Training in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock