Discuss 18th edition question?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

swaley

-
Reaction score
Just a quick question regarding 18th edition. I'm currently 17th awaiting assesment date from stroma for my Part P. Will I have to obtain my 18th before my first year of Stroma membership is up or when it expires for next years renewal. Obviously I can give them a call but thought someone may know. Thanks

I think you normally have 6 months grace, so from July you'll have 6 months to get up to date. Could be wrong though, can't give you any hard fast evidence to this, just as I understood it.

Will I have to obtain my 18th before my first year of Stroma membership is up or when it expires for next years renewal.

Yes you will need to have obtained a copy of the 18th edition and started designing and installing in accordance with it by January 2019 regardless of when your annual assessment happens.

Yes you will need to have obtained a copy of the 18th edition and started designing and installing in accordance with it by January 2019 regardless of when your annual assessment happens.
Am I right in thinking that if a site was priced, designed etc during the current 17th edition of bs 7671, that even when the 18th edition comes into full force in January 2019, that the site in question can still be installed and certified to the 17th edition?

Just a quick question regarding 18th edition. I'm currently 17th awaiting assesment date from stroma for my Part P. Will I have to obtain my 18th before my first year of Stroma membership is up or when it expires for next years renewal.

With my scheme, you have to show copies of relevant technical documents, such as a current amendment of BS7671. So if your assessment is before 2nd July, it will be BS7671 2008 A3, or if after that date BS7671 2018. Looks as if the new edition is not available till late July.

With my scheme, you have to show copies of relevant technical documents, such as a current amendment of BS7671. So if your assessment is before 2nd July, it will be BS7671 2008 A3, or if after that date BS7671 2018. Looks as if the new edition is not available till late July.
It doesn't come into force though until January 2019, from it's release in July until then it's your own choice which version you design and install to

It doesn't come into force though until January 2019, from it's release in July until then it's your own choice which version you design and install to

Fair point, but my assessment form says 'current' addition. Your choice to design & install to, but the documents required are current addition.

Edit, guess the OP will have to ask them.

Am I right in thinking that if a site was priced, designed etc during the current 17th edition of bs 7671, that even when the 18th edition comes into full force in January 2019, that the site in question can still be installed and certified to the 17th edition?
Yes it was designed to the 17th edition.

Reply to 18th edition question?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net