Discuss 18th edition question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

All the above points were made on the course, I'm not arguing a case because I agree or don't agree, I'm simply telling you what I was told. And TBH I think the tutor is stating exactly what the guidance on this is likely to be. The IET do not take into consideration practicalities.

All the above points were made on the course, I'm not arguing a case because I agree or don't agree, I'm simply telling you what I was told. And TBH I think the tutor is stating exactly what the guidance on this is likely to be. The IET do not take into consideration practicalities.

You are projecting an opinion onto the forum that this un named tutor IS correct and we must all fall into line

Are you the tutor?

My mate down the pub says plasterboard is ok ....

Funny but I think your tutor is wrong
By the time a plasterboard ceiling collapses then the house is pretty much done for
He must know more than most about the fire protection quality of plasterboard
Funnily enough this is almost word for word the objections raised on the course, however if you stop to think about what you have said you are suggesting the firefighters will give up and let the occupants die when ceilings collapse, they wont, and they don't need dangling wiring getting in their way

Funnily enough this is almost word for word the objections raised on the course, however if you stop to think about what you have said you are suggesting the firefighters will give up and let the occupants die when ceilings collapse, they wont, and they don't need dangling wiring getting in their way

If and I say IF the IET meant plasterboard isn’t acceptable, they should update the BBB immediately and give all the existing holders of it a new copy

Unfortunately, they would've almost certainly died from the smoke by that stage.

You are projecting an opinion onto the forum that this un named tutor IS correct and we must all fall into line

Are you the tutor?

My mate down the pub says plasterboard is ok ....
I don't give a stuff what anyone else does mate, I'm simply stating my belief that what I was told on the course is correct and likely to be the guidance that will be issued in due course.

Are you not going to name the training company or deny you are the tutor?
I can assure you I am not a tutor and never have been! As the course is ongoing I will not name the provider at the present time, I may well do when I have completed it. Week 3 of 6 next week.

I think spinlondon had some input to the guidance notes.

Reply to 18th edition question in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock