Discuss 18th edition training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Whats the requirement for getting clued up on the new regs? Do you HAVE to go on an official training course by an appropriately qualified trainer, or can one just read up on it oneself?
I've done the latter, plus reading up on articles in the technical press.
Personally I begrudge paying the £200 + fee and in addition losing a days pay.. although of course one needs to know what's changed.
I have my annual assessment next week and im sure ill be asked about it.
Cheers..

Hoping it’s the case.

Been watching sparkyninja you tube series, and a bit of a study up should be enough i think if you've passed the previous editions .

I guess if your new to the game then maybe it should be the minimum 3 day training course .

Certain someone posted on the forum that there’s omewhere Which does the one day course and exam for anyone, rather than the 3 day course that we’re supposed to do.

I did the Stroma 1 day course a couple of weeks ago. They are my CPS providers so if they are happy ..............

Just sat exam only on Friday in Birmingham with www.pass.co.uk £90.00 Inc vat.
Did online course with www.learnzonemedia.co.uk £64.00 Inc vat.

Both great value for money.
88.3% pass. Bargain.
Do your online course, do all the online tests and make sure you know the BBB.
Better the spending £500 and losing three days pay.
That sounds more like it.. cheers I'll look into that.

I way I meant it was, you pay your money, do the exam, get 18th.....
That should be enough to make you an electrician with up to date qualifications. Extra tenner for a nice sticker on your van, and headed test certs would be an idea.

You shouldn’t then have to pay to join a scheme to prove you’re an electrician... the exam should be enough.

Reply to 18th edition training in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net