Discuss 18th Edition Wiring Regs, who should pay? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
With the new edition of the wiring regs due out in January 2018 who should be paying for the course? I'm cards in with a company and am hoping they will foot the cost of the training and time to complete the course etc. I will obviously purchase the new regs book myself and the OSG, but is there anything in the EAWR or HASWA that states companies should provide training to there employees?

With the new edition of the wiring regs due out in January 2018 who should be paying for the course? I'm cards in with a company and am hoping they will foot the cost of the training and time to complete the course etc. I will obviously purchase the new regs book myself and the OSG, but is there anything in the EAWR or HASWA that states companies should provide training to there employees?
Depends what condition their training budget is in, your company ought to pay

but is there anything in the EAWR or HASWA that states companies should provide training to there employees?

HASAW Act Section 2 General duties of employers to their employess.

(2)Without prejudice to the generality of an employer’s duty under the preceding subsection, the matters to which that duty extends include in particular—

(c)the provision of such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety at work of his employees;

That's it really.

Fundamentally it is up to you to maintain your competence in your professional role. But you've just said you'll buy the book, and I assume - read it! If after reading you feel that training is needed for yourself to understand it better then it will be expected for you to place yourself on training.

But if the nature of your work is affected by changes in regulation then to ensure health and safety at work of employees it will be up to your employer to provide you with the training.

Reply to 18th Edition Wiring Regs, who should pay? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock