Discuss 1st and 2nd fix costs Northern Ireland (Full Installation) in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jampot

I have all the chasing done and back boxes set, coaxial in, and Earthing rod installed outside. I would like to know how much individually for 1st and 2nd fix for 20 doubles, 12 switches, 13 ceiling lights, 4 wall lights, immersion heater, electric shower, cables for 3 PIRs, two phone points Dual fuel central heating to include oil boiler and multifuel stove. I will supply all sockets, switches, light fittings, fan, etc. Electrician to supply all cable, all alarms, CU, nothing else. The house is 3 bed, terraced with extra loft room. There are no ceilings.

I have all the chasing done and back boxes set, coaxial in, and Earthing rod installed outside. I would like to know how much individually for 1st and 2nd fix for 20 doubles, 12 switches, 13 ceiling lights, 4 wall lights, immersion heater, electric shower, cables for 3 PIRs, two phone points Dual fuel central heating to include oil boiler and multifuel stove. I will supply all sockets, switches, light fittings, fan, etc. Electrician to supply all cable, all alarms, CU, nothing else. The house is 3 bed, terraced with extra loft room. There are no ceilings.

Hi,

It's not just a case of how much. You have obviously tried to make it as easy as possible for an electrician, but the actual electrician you end up using would need to see the property before hand. Get some round to do a quote.

You have an earth rod in but is it sufficient.....are chases in correct locations and heights...location-dahhnn sarfff costs more...

If you do some research you could find the average price of a rewire and deduct the work already done (chasing/back boxes) to get a rough idea.

If someone rang me telling me they had done what you had already done, I would insist on going round to look before offering a quotation.

The chasing is all coreect. All back boxes are properly located. I'm only looking for a ballpark figure, obviously nothing precise. I just don't want to get ripped off. So can anyone throw some figures at me. Thats all I'm interested in. The way I look at it the material costs for the electrician are £300 at most. His labour is supposed to be £200 per day. Even if your estimate is a few hundred out, never mind, lets have it anyway.

The chasing is all coreect. All back boxes are properly located. I'm only looking for a ballpark figure, obviously nothing precise. I just don't want to get ripped off. So can anyone throw some figures at me. Thats all I'm interested in. The way I look at it the material costs for the electrician are £300 at most. His labour is supposed to be £200 per day. Even if your estimate is a few hundred out, never mind, lets have it anyway.
LOL, Good luck

£3.5k plus VAT @ 20%

MDJ, I can't see how you get 3.5K. If the electrician is supplying only the cable, alarms and CU, and if it takes two men 1 day to do the 1st fix, and two men 2 days to do the 2nd fix, and if labour costs run at £300 per day that would make the material costs over £2000

Cable supplied for ( 20 doubles, 12 light switches, 13 ceiling lights, 4 wall lights, 1 outside light, 1 immersion heater, 1 electric shower, 1 cooker, 5 alarms, 3 PIRs, 2 phone points, 2 fans, 1 boiler, 2 central heating pumps, earthing to plumbing and rod. )

Equipment supplied by electrician ( 4 smoke alarms, 1 carbon monoxide alarm, 1 CU )

Just how expensive is cable anyway?

If an electrician was getting £3.5K jobs like this all the time he'd be earning over £250,000 a year.

Reply to 1st and 2nd fix costs Northern Ireland (Full Installation) in the Ireland area at ElectriciansForums.net