Discuss 2 circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

brightspark2010

High today at a fault call i noticed that on a row of lights that were out the swa that fed them was also feeding the other row so two seperate circuits fed via 2 seperate mcbs eg lives, neutrals+ cpcs all in the same multicore armoured i informed the client this would need rewiring with a new feed for the other row. However was just looking to see if anyone knew what regulation would back up my claim? Cheers

2 rows of lights with one feed? Whats the problem? it's not 2 different circuits it's 2 sets of lights on one circuit

Thats what i was askinng is it acceptable for two circuits in 1 multicore cable then never heard of at college or seen in the last decade on site and to trevor this was definately two circuits not two rows on 1 feed

2 rows of lights with 2 seperate feeds = 2 circuits. It matters not that they are fed from the same multicore, 1 live to each row 1 neutral to each row 1 cpc to each row. As wirepuller said whats the difference between that and a bit of trunking with 2 circuits in it?
I've read the op properly now hehe

Oh cheers mate i was a bit worried when i saw it i know in pricipal its the same as numerous circuits in a trunking/conduit system just never seen two circuits down one cable and was a bit worried if it was ok just in case someone isolated 1 circuit and thought they had killed the entire cable.

Six cores in this cable l,n+cpc for both circuits no shared neutral that would defo be incorrect

"I've been having a bit of a think about that cable and I think we'll be OK because.........."

If you think about it, we use multicore cables for multiple circuits all the time - what else is YY? My background in theatre lighting is almost totally reliant on a long established practice of running six separate lighting or power circuits (L,N,E) down 1 x 18 core 1.5mm cable (Socapex).

Reply to 2 circuits in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock