Discuss 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That is exactly why scientific processes exist, because there are limitations of learning by gaining experience over a period of time. Not every problem becomes clear in time, to use a really extreme example the building regs were watered down over long periods of people trying things in small steps, eventually we were faced with that terrible incident last year in the tower block. Basically they skipped the scientific testing process because common sense told them what they were doing was similar and it looked ok in the end.
Not saying to conductors in one hole will cause a fire like that, but it's little decisions that can build up.
I thought it was money related, not common sense.:rolleyes:
I am all for scientific QA testing, especially ones that mimic real life scenarios and beyond eg the fine examples of real world urban MPG figures given for vans/cars tested on a circular track in low humidity or in a laboratory!!;) I thought the review of building regs in the last number of years was watered down to reduce paperwork, freeing up public access to kitchen electrics or..... was it just politics?

No fuse for the fan! Xpelair's data sheet for the DX100T is less than helpful, since it only shows a wiring diagram for a DX100, but it does show a fuse after the isolator, although it doesn't give a rating for said fuse.
Hopefully, the instruction sheet in the box with the fan is a bit more useful.

No fuse for the fan! Xpelair's data sheet for the DX100T is less than helpful, since it only shows a wiring diagram for a DX100, but it does show a fuse after the isolator, although it doesn't give a rating for said fuse.
Hopefully, the instruction sheet in the box with the fan is a bit more useful.
Here's a copy - it will be a 3A fuse :)

2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole IMG_1065 - EletriciansForums.net

Because using a FCU before the fan/light circuit provides the 3A fuse required by the fan manufacturer's instructions. The TP isolator does not provide a fuse.
Also helps prevent idiots turning off the fan permanently, since no fan, then no light either.

Because using a FCU before the fan/light circuit provides the 3A fuse required by the fan manufacturer's instructions. The TP isolator does not provide a fuse.
Also helps prevent idiots turning off the fan permanently, since no fan, then no light either.
Isn't the 3 pole isolator in the 3 core from the light to the fan for isolation for maintenance purposes, switching it off wont effect the light, or is that wrong? See where you are coming from now, better to fit an unswitched spur to avoid an idiot switching it OFF, crikey I'm confused now.

Last edited:

Then a FCU installed thus, might fall foul of building regs, for a windowless room?

You can get a fused TPN isolator (live fused), if you're determined to follow MI's.

Isn't the 3 pole isolator in the 3 core from the light to the fan for isolation for maintenance purposes, switching it off wont effect the light, or is that wrong? See where you are coming from now, better to fit an unswitched spur to avoid an idiot switching it OFF, crikey I'm confused now.
No, your right Pete you only want to isolate the fan.

I doubt prof stephen hawking pondered this before his death. So the forum will decide....
Is it permissable to mix and match different makes of push fit connectors
Ie wago and them other ones by ideal as shown below and put them in the same wago box or other similar mf enclosure..
Even if not against the regs...is it a mortal sin?

View attachment 42248
I first time to heard that different brands mix together

I certainly would never do that. It doesn't take many brain cells to imagine that there is a high chance of a poor quality connection doing this, especially with solid core conductors as the dipstick in the video has done.

On a side note, anybody using wire strippers isn't a proper sparks :D
Agree with the first bit but I have used wire strippers for 50 years, quicker , easier and do not nick the internal insulation or the conductor so be silly not to use them.

Reply to 2 conductors in the same Wago connector hole in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock