Discuss 2 gang Smart switch replacing standard 2 gang in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Mjpuds

-
Reaction score
Ok o noticed a question on here before I'm looking at replacing my porch and in doorway switch with a smart switch so it can be turned on by app when we are away from house and coming home...very dark doorway.. the light switch is wired over the live feeds .. And the switch I have purchased needs a neutral connection .. the neutral is within the socket housing but obviously connected together .. can i take a spur off these grouped neutrals to wire up the switch ..

2 gang Smart switch replacing standard 2 gang 15485100233703869806422502322800 - EletriciansForums.net

2 gang Smart switch replacing standard 2 gang 15485100799855626446989986167361 - EletriciansForums.net

Assuming those blacks are neutral then yes. You can remove the existing connector by twisting it off and all three with a bit of trimming should fit into the N terminal. Even though they probably are neutrals without testing there is no guarantee.

Just noticed those cables have no cpcs hence that back box is not earthed.

No they haven't. Electrics are on the old side . Switch is all wired up now .. cheers .. now trying to connect to to Alexa. .......

Might be an idea to get your electrics checked out because those cables having no cpcs could prove in some circumstances to be hazardous.

Reply to 2 gang Smart switch replacing standard 2 gang in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock