Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss 2 hours to swap a light fittring in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    as title. this morning. one of these fancy crystal bauble things. about 36 danglies to hang on the bloody thing. impossible to thread them on once it's up, so put them all on, then had all the weight of it to wire up. instead of a centre fixing to the ceiling bracket, it had to have 4 pins, on sliding slots. tighten them up and the holes won't line up. leave 'em slack and can't tighten the nuts. finally gets it up only to find that all the lights on the circuit don't work. down it comes to find one of the neutral terminations has snapped off due to struggling to get the bloody thing mounted. finally fixed after much swearing. the only good bit is customer wants me to quote for replacing rewireable CU.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Plonker 3

Plonker 3 Guest

I hate the phone call that says can you come and change a light fitting for one I have brought. A simple job I used to think it was but they always seem to get the ones with the smallest back plate so no room for connections behind the fitting and the ceiling bracket has to be perfectly level to get it onto it.

3. malcolmsanford

malcolmsanford Electrician's Arms

Did the zimmer frame get in the way Tel...............:icon10::icon10::icon10::icon10:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kiers1970

Kiers1970 Regular EF Member

them fittings which hang from a hook, then the dome goes up, tightened by a little screw.... The drop from the dome is never straight.... Grrrr

5. bobby101

bobby101 Guest

Yep been there and wore the tshirt but just wait till you have to build a massive chandelier on your own then when putting last crystals on, and one of the fixed wires break which incidentally is unable to be bought separately yep as i said been there and still cursing about it .... ohh happy days

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    how do you think i reached the ceiling? 2 zimmers and a plank.

• Like Like x 1
  7. stitch

stitch Regular EF Member

This springs to mind.

Glass-chandalier.jpg

• Like Like x 2