Discuss 2 lighting circuits in flat in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Andy B

Is there a reg that states all properties must have a lighting circuit on each RCD. Some 2 bed flats have been wired and the lighting is all on one circuit (pendants).
Thanks

No because you would then need a reg which requires you to have more than one RCD fitted.
And by implication a reg requiring a lighting circuit on each RCD would preclude the use of rcbo's for power circuits and also force you to put lighting circuits on rcds regardless of whether it is required or not.

A guy I work with has wired the lights on one circuit. I normally use 2 but mainly because I know how my boss likes it done. The boss has turned up moaning and saying that when he registers it with nic they wont be happy with it being on one circuit. The alarms are on a separate circuit so we might be able to feed some lights from there.

A guy I work with has wired the lights on one circuit. I normally use 2 but mainly because I know how my boss likes it done. The boss has turned up moaning and saying that when he registers it with nic they wont be happy with it being on one circuit. The alarms are on a separate circuit so we might be able to feed some lights from there.

That's pure bxllxcks.

How will the NIC know how many lighting circuits there are?

He says when he registers jobs he enters it all the circuits online so they will see just one circuit. Ive never heard of it being a reg which I said to him. But he claimed it was so I was looking for it. Just trying to defend the bloke Im working with really.

How many lights are we talking about?

Where is the consumer unit? For example, if it is in a cupboard without its' own light, fit a simple batten light - on a separate circuit - e.g. the smoke alarm circuit - and call it "lighting circuit #2 plus smoke alarms".

He says when he registers jobs he enters it all the circuits online so they will see just one circuit. Ive never heard of it being a reg which I said to him. But he claimed it was so I was looking for it. Just trying to defend the bloke Im working with really.

Ask your boss for the imaginary Regulation number he is referring to.

In that case the NIC domestic installers registration system has changed a lot since I last used it! It used to be that you just fill in the address and a few basic tick boxes about the job.

Why didn't you just ask him for the reg number there and then?

Reply to 2 lighting circuits in flat in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net