Discuss 2 Lighting circuits through a contactor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

karlhaywood

Hi,

On Monday I have to wire 12 lights on 2 circuits through a contactor.

6 of the lights will be switch from one switch and 6 from another also near the exit to the building there will be a "Last man out switch" by turning that off I need to switch all 12 lights off.

I have never wired a contactor before so any help will be appreciated.

P.S I am still training.

Thanks in advance.

Hi dude,it will require more info,and some studying. Existing circuits/fittings being used? Size,voltage and type? You may tease assistance from folk if you read up on wiring and function of contactors,and suggest a method,knowing the scenario. :icon12:

It sounds pretty straight forward. You'll need a control circuit in addition to the two lighting circuits.

Wire the control circuit to the last man out switch first. When this is switched on it supplies the live side of the two light switches. The two light switches will each need to switch the supply to the coil on the relevant contactor.

Hopefully this makes some sense! :)

Hey guys, I did exactly what ImpeededLoop said.

With help from my brother who is an electrician everything is working perfect.

Thanks guys.

Reply to 2 Lighting circuits through a contactor in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I'm in need of some advice. First of all i'm not an electrician but do have an understanding of electrics as i come from an electronics...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I know this is very simple but I would like some advice please. I am installing a new circuit to feed 5 external floodlights. It is...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi guys , I have to break a ring circuit through a contactor with an emergency stop button .. just want to double check my wiring in the diagram...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock