Discuss 2 ovens 1 circuit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

JoeDonnelly1

I've been asked to run in a supply for 2 2.8kW fan assisted ovens (none of them have hobs) but there is only 1 spare way on the main board, if it was only 1 oven 2.5mm would be big enough as well as a 20A fuse but as I need to supply 2 using 1 MCB I'm a bit weary as to how to do this safely without over heating being a problem can anyone assist?

So long as the MCB and cable are rated accordingly why would there be an issue running the two ovens on a single circuit?

32A MCB with 4mm radial circuit?

What would be the best way of supply both ovens then e.g a 4mm supply cable into a cooker switch, and a 4mm load to the first oven and then spur off onto the second oven?

I've been asked to run in a supply for 2 2.8kW fan assisted ovens (none of them have hobs) but there is only 1 spare way on the main board, if it was only 1 oven 2.5mm would be big enough as well as a 20A fuse but as I need to supply 2 using 1 MCB I'm a bit weary as to how to do this safely without over heating being a problem can anyone assist?

why you asking same question you have been given correct advice already

What would be the best way of supply both ovens then e.g a 4mm supply cable into a cooker switch, and a 4mm load to the first oven and then spur off onto the second oven?

I cannot with a clear conscience give you any advice. This is basic stuff for a qualified electrician and this question suggests you are not. A kitchen is an area which is notifiable to your local building control so please get an electrician to do this work.

I cannot with a clear conscience give you any advice. This is basic stuff for a qualified electrician and this question suggests you are not. A kitchen is an area which is notifiable to your local building control so please get an electrician to do this work.

I See this is an old post but, in the BS7671 doesn't it say any circuit greater than 2kw have it own circuit??

I See this is an old post but, in the BS7671 doesn't it say any circuit greater than 2kw have it own circuit??

yes but the 2 ovens would be one circuit. so the load of 5.6kW ( before diversity) would be on it's own circuit.

yes but the 2 ovens would be one circuit. so the load of 5.6kW ( before diversity) would be on it's own circuit.

haha that is cool Tel. I love the way you took "connecting cookers, ovens and hobs with a rated power exceeding 2 kW on their own dedicated radial circuit" and twisted it to suit you. :)

Reply to 2 ovens 1 circuit? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock