Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss 2 separate lighting circuits on the same switch..allowed??? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. dtec dave

dtec dave Regular EF Member

Following my last post I decided to keep all my outdoor lighting on thier own separate circuit, so my next problem is how to switch them. My initial idea was to have a 3 gang switch and use 2 of the ways for internal and 1 way for the security light, but I was thinking if someone isolates the internal lighting to remove the switch the external part will be still live. Is this acceptable or do I need my own separate 1 gang switch for the outside lighting and a 2 gang switch next to it for the internal.
    I didn't realise something this simple would give me such a headache!! Roll on a bit of experience.

Cheers

2. Hawk81

Hawk81 Trusted Advisor

You can do it. Put a label inside the switch warning that there are 2 supplies at the switch

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Having all 3 lights at the same switch is Ok. It no different to 2 way switching of up and downstairs really.

Do you have the neutral at the switch?

4. dtec dave

ok..I suppose you have a similar senario when you switch an upstairs circuit from downstairs.

5. dtec dave

No don't have a neutral, they are at the light fitting end. I was just concerned about having different circuits at same switch.