Discuss 2 way & intermediate pir is there such a beast in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Does this corridor have any windows if not just leave one or two lights on so, not in complete darkness?
Unfortunately this is not always practical, especially if its long corridor, used by the public frequently throughout the day and evening.

I may be wrong, but I thought as a PIR will turn on then turn off again, there is no need to wire it like a conventional 2 way system. Just take a PL to each one and then a feed to the lights. If any activates then the lights come on. When they are all timed out the lights are off. Or am I over simplifying it?
Good point, so if I have 6/7 switches to change over to PIR type switches in a stairwell in a small block of flats, obviously the first switch will have a permanent feed and switch line, but between that and the other switches are 3 core and earth strapper cables… So how would you recommend they be connected? One of the core’s say the brown could be carried over to each switch as the permanent feed, but which core would act as the switch line? If that makes sense… Would really appreciate it if could get back me.
Kind regards Daniel

Good point, so if I have 6/7 switches to change over to PIR type switches in a stairwell in a small block of flats, obviously the first switch will have a permanent feed and switch line, but between that and the other switches are 3 core and earth strapper cables… So how would you recommend they be connected? One of the core’s say the brown could be carried over to each switch as the permanent feed, but which core would act as the switch line? If that makes sense… Would really appreciate it if could get back me.
Kind regards Daniel

I
Kind regards Daniel
Are you fitting pir in place of the switches? Do you have n at the switch? Is it a given that all lights are operated from all switches, or can you zone them?

I would remove switches, wago in on position, fit blanking plate, then remove each light fitting and fit a pir in best position possible. Refit light, then each light has its own sensor. Without seeing the layout and light positioning its impossible to know if this would work for someone moving around the staircase. As suggested earlier, it may be appropriate to fit dual intensity light fittings.

I
Are you fitting pir in place of the switches? Do you have n at the switch? Is it a given that all lights are operated from all switches, or can you zone them?

I would remove switches, wago in on position, fit blanking plate, then remove each light fitting and fit a pir in best position possible. Refit light, then each light has its own sensor. Without seeing the layout and light positioning its impossible to know if this would work for someone moving around the staircase. As suggested earlier, it may be appropriate to fit dual intensity light fittings.

Changing the switches to time lag ones is a no-brainer.

No neutral pir wall switch sensors are available.

There is also the option of using wireless ones.

Reply to 2 way & intermediate pir is there such a beast in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock