Discuss 2 way pir in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

leekemp85

just doing a job in a hotel at the mo. he wants a pir in the hallway but with a switch at the bottom of the stairs just to kick in the timer on the sensor not as a permanent override. as the pir will not pick up movement down there. is this possible with a standerd pir

I haven't seen a PIR where you can trigger a false input remotely. Perhaps it would be easier to have a time lag switch as the overide

just doing a job in a hotel at the mo. he wants a pir in the hallway but with a switch at the bottom of the stairs just to kick in the timer on the sensor not as a permanent override. as the pir will not pick up movement down there. is this possible with a standerd pir
the timers are built in you could use on of them push in switches what go off after 5 minutes u normallly see em in big houses that have been converted to 3 boxes in the communial stair well

[LEFT said:
MarcT[/LEFT];89521]I haven't seen a PIR where you can trigger a false input remotely. Perhaps it would be easier to have a time lag switch as the
override​

that's what I thought, will have to check out with the wholesalers tomorrow​

Last edited by a moderator:
Most PIR's 'activate' when power is switched on. Some better ones have the option to select whether they activate or not. How about wiring a retractive switch (push to break) into the feed to the PIR. That way, the PIR has a permanent feed, which is broken when you press the switch, and restored when you let go. Dont know if power has to be interupted for a set amount of time though. Probably best to go with a time lag switch:)

I would do this using a lighting control system with built in logic and timer this way you take a contact feed from PIR and Contact feed from switch and each action can operate the luminaire in any condition for any time and be dependant on external factors such as Real time or Lux level.

Most PIR's 'activate' when power is switched on. Some better ones have the option to select whether they activate or not. How about wiring a retractive switch (push to break) into the feed to the PIR. That way, the PIR has a permanent feed, which is broken when you press the switch, and restored when you let go. Dont know if power has to be interupted for a set amount of time though. Probably best to go with a time lag switch:)

Problem with that is that they recognise a short off / on as a command to turn on permenantly

Wire all various switch wires back to a multi input relay, these can contol upto 7 seperate signals( I think) with one output contol i.e feed to fitting

Problem with that is that they recognise a short off / on as a command to turn on permenantly

Yeah, you would have to make sure you get the right type. The sort I have installed recently do not see a quick on/off as an overide.

Cant you just parallel a second pir onto the circuit at the bottom of the stairs?

Lol. that would be the other option.:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to 2 way pir in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net