Discuss 20 Year Old Contactum CU MCB's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Need to add an extra MCB in a 20 year old Contactum CU fitted in my Grandmothers house. The board is a Contactum P6R.

It has flat faced MCB's, does anyone know if the newer curved face MCB's will fit? Or of an alternative MCB that will fit?

I have a stock of Schneider, Dorman Smith & MK breakers so I have no doubt I have something that will fit.

how is Bridgend, not been their for a long time ,now what rating
of MCB do you require .

16A or 20A MCB. A single socket is required just below the CU, easier to put it on a 2.5mm radial than try to split the ring.

Is there much else to say about Bridgend other than 'meh'. It's only selling point is it's half way between Cardiff and Swansea and you can be in Bristol in an hour!

why are you doing that ,just put the cable in has a spur from the ring !
There's no nearby socket or spur on the ring to spur off without chasing walls and liftng floorboards!

Not what my 89 year old grandmother will want.
New socket is going in directly below the boxed-in CU so a little YT1 down the corner of the room should be subtle and a clean install.

you laffin' then. just spur off the existing RFC at the MCB.

Reply to 20 Year Old Contactum CU MCB's in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock