Discuss 2006 Mazda3 Remote Locking works intermittently. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

Mark Jamieson

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

I have a 2006 Mazda3. I have had it about 3 months and have found the remote central locking only works sometimes. When I get out the car and close the door and press the fob lock button, sometimes the car locks, often it doesn't. Locking the car by the key in the door always works.

I have changed both batteries in both my remote key fobs and they work ok. I have discovered sometimes if I open the door again, put the key in the ignition, turn it on and back off, then close the door, they key fob will lock the car.

Any advice on where to start in fixing this would be really appreciated.

Thanks again.

When you changed the batteries in the fobs did you check for and remove any signs of corrosion on the battery terminals as this does sound like a poor signal from the fob.
Failing that you could try to reprogram the key fobs, a complicated series of actions that I do not know how to do.

Hi,

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

I have a 2006 Mazda3. I have had it about 3 months and have found the remote central locking only works sometimes. When I get out the car and close the door and press the fob lock button, sometimes the car locks, often it doesn't. Locking the car by the key in the door always works.

I have changed both batteries in both my remote key fobs and they work ok. I have discovered sometimes if I open the door again, put the key in the ignition, turn it on and back off, then close the door, they key fob will lock the car.

Any advice on where to start in fixing this would be really appreciated.

Thanks again.

Have you tried just opening and shutting the door and re-trying the fob?

It could be the microswitch in the latch is worn and not recognising the door is shut, so won't allow you to arm the alarm/lock the car. Could just be coincidence that putting the key into the ignition and turning it on and off appears to help, try just open and shut the door, see if that works before getting too deep into other possibilities.

sounds like it's either corrosion on the battery terminals, or just needing re programmed. As per Mr burns. I don't have the info handy to reprogram but if.yku need it I'm sure if you ask me nicely I can find it and give it to you ☺

Thanks for all the advice.

I'm pretty sure it's not the fobs as one of them looks brand new. There was no corrosion on the terminals when I changed the batteries. Also there is a light on each fob that lights up when I press the button.

I have not tried only opening and shutting the door when it's not working, I will try that thanks.

I will try reprogramming the fobs too but I would imagine if a fob is not programmed correctly it wouldn't work at all?

Lastly sometimes it will lock by the fob, but in the morning it will not unlock. I open the door with the key and the car will beep 4 times. Very weird.

Thanks again, will report back!

it's a programme in the ecu that's causing the problem. it's called "hiroshima's revenge".

masda lamps stay brighter longer. remember that, geordie? from the 60's.

I tried the Mazda Forum thanks Geordie. No one there could shine any light on the situation either.

I tried opening and closing the door several times, didn't seem to make any difference. Starting the car and turning it off does help sometimes though.

Looks like I will have to take it to a dealer. I was just hoping I could fix it myself.

Thanks for the help.

I tried the Mazda Forum thanks Geordie. No one there could shine any light on the situation either.

I tried opening and closing the door several times, didn't seem to make any difference. Starting the car and turning it off does help sometimes though.

Looks like I will have to take it to a dealer. I was just hoping I could fix it myself.

Thanks for the help.

Nee botha bonny lad! :)

If you ever find out what it is and how to fix it please let me know - I have a Toyota MR2 with the same problem!!!!!

Nee botha bonny lad! :)

If you ever find out what it is and how to fix it please let me know - I have a Toyota MR2 with the same problem!!!!!

If it works on/off i would be looking at the door wiring.

with age the wiring starts cracking.

Have the battery checked on the car had this once on a ford was ok once the car had run a while but wouldent work every time when stood the car started and run fine every time .It was only when the alternator went dicky I noticed the battery voltage once changed the fob problem disapeared too.

Reply to 2006 Mazda3 Remote Locking works intermittently. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock