Discuss 2012 Fit rate for Existing Customers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

That's pretty generous matching it to December inflation of 4.8%. Not that I'm complaining though. I could probably squeeze in another job before March 3rd.

Just reading some FAQ about Fit that Decc has produced. Installations after 3rd March have already got the April increase calculated in them so they won't be going up - am I the only one that's missed this? So install before the 3rd and get 21p (maybe more) and an increase in April install after 3rd and it's 21p without an April increase. FITs Frequently Asked Questions - Department of Energy and Climate Change

"Q3 Current payment rates
The tariff for PV installations with eligibility dates between 12 December 2011 and 3 March 2012 depends on the outcome of the Government’s appeal to the Supreme Court. If the Government wins the final appeal, it reserves the right to pass legislation at some point in the future reducing the tariff for all electricity generated after that date. These installations will continue to receive current tariffs (43.3p/kWh for up to 4kW installations) until any such legislation comes into effect."

So are they saying that they can reduce at any time subject to legislation going through .........

Q Can the EPC be carried out by the installer
The assessment can be carried out by an installer if they meet all the qualification and accreditation requirements under the terms of the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations 2007 (for England and Wales) or are members of an Approved Organisation (in Scotland

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the new rates have been for 2012/13 all along. In DECC's documents there has been a little asterisk next to the 8.5p rate saying it (alone) would be raised by RPI. The 21p rate is locked in for the coming year.

If you install before 3/3 and DECC win SC appeal then you will be on 21p (if DECC bother to pass legislation for this) not 21p + RPI.

Yes, the new rates have been for 2012/13 all along. In DECC's documents there has been a little asterisk next to the 8.5p rate saying it (alone) would be raised by RPI. The 21p rate is locked in for the coming year.

If you install before 3/3 and DECC win SC appeal then you will be on 21p (if DECC bother to pass legislation for this) not 21p + RPI.

Thanks Ted - this is from the DECC FAQ so I'm assuming 21p before 3/3 and an RPI increase in April and 21p after 3/3 unti 2013.

"Tariffs for existing FITs installations with eligibility dates before 3 March 2012 will increase with inflation in April 2012."

I am a bit confused and looking for some help please.

I am looking for the new fit rates from 3 March - 1 April 2012 Then from 1 April 2012 for systems up to 4kw and then over 4kw

Is this the right table that I am looking for please

As I understand, the FIT rate for up to 4KWP for installs after the 3rd March and also from the 1st April will be 21p.

Nothing is set in stone though, but the important thing is installs after the 1st April will need an EPC and reach Band D,

I hope this helps.

If you install between 3rd March and 1st July you will get RPI increases from 2013. No-one knows what the increase will be after June because it's part of the current phase 2a consultation. I'm not sure when we will know what the result of that.

Thanks, am I right in saying from the link you posted that systems greater than 4kw but not exceeding 10kw is 16.8p after 3rd march.

We have a potential customer on a 3 phase supply looking for a system between 6-8kw and I want to make sure I am giving him the right info as I can hardly keep up these days. Also am I right in saying that we are able to fit this under G83 guidelines.

If it is split equally over the 3 phases, and less than 3.68KWP/ 16 amps per phase, then yes.
But it may be wise to check with your DNO before hand, as some sing a different song from the same hymn sheet.

Reply to 2012 Fit rate for Existing Customers in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock