Discuss 2016 new build, garage wiring query in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

It doesn't sound that high a spec new build chum, it merely sounds like all of the other mass produced houses.

I thought you had said you bought it from new, which would have given you some input into things and the extra's you'd require.

Love how you have assumed the spec based on the electrics in the garage. It was built by an independent developer and is nothing like you think so please dont assume. I have seen many new builds by the big guys, wouldn’t touch one.

I did buy it from new, but the houses were already built before they were sold.

This is all besides the point. Question was around regs of the garage not having a point of termination and protection with a fuse.

I could still quite easily add this to my snag list which was the question which has already been answered.

I am not sure why you consider this as an extra requirement. For me to have the garage on a unfused spur is bad practice.

You can only have one unfused spur from the R.F.C. feeding a single/double socket or switched fused spur. From what you describe it does not comply with the regulations.

Reply to 2016 new build, garage wiring query in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I need to run a mains spur off the existing ring main in a domestic property. To get the double socket to the correct place I have to drill...
Replies
Views
I have a detached garage with a 60 AMP subpanel which has lost power. I traced the failure to the wire running under the walkway via conduit...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here, hope I'm compliant with the rules! I did do a quick search before asking this, but I couldn't quite come up with the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, We had an electrician over, who fitted a 40a MCB in the house consumer unit to supply a new build garage. It's underground SWA...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock