Discuss 208Y/120 3P 4 wire 200 amp service ground/ neutral help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
I'm installing my own 208Y/120 3P 4 wire 200 amp service for my shop in lake ariel, PA. I have a few questions regarding the Neutral and the ground. So let me get things up to speed. This is a Brand new service installation. My poco is installing a new pole and a transformer for me after I pass my inspection.
This is a overhead service entrance, I'm ran(4) 3/0 copper conductors to my 7 jaw murray meter pan down the conduit then directly into my siemens p1 250a panel with a 200 amp main breaker. My questions are regarding the ground and the neutral. I read that if its not a subpanel and is actually the main service entrance panel then you can ground from the neutral bar but this is what confuses me a bit. I feel like the Neutral should be separate as the return path back to the transformer.
As of right now I'm confused about where to connect my ground rods to.
Should I ground my Neutral in the meter pan to the rods? or should I run a ground wire from my neutral bar in the main panel all the way back out to the grounding rods? and what about a separate isolated ground bus bar in the corner of the panels should that go out separately to the ground rods? or Do I Ground my neutral terminals in the meter pan to the pan it's self plus down to the rods? what would I run back outside to the grounding rods from the main panel? Do I need to ground my connections separate on a ground bar in the enclosure gutter of the main panel or is the neutral bus bar the spot? or do I run a ground wire from the Neutral bar to the ground bar then to outside to the rods? my name is chris I live in Northeast PA and I'm a DIY kinda guy with some minor electrical experience but none with 3 phase. thank you for any help!

Hi Chris and Welcome to the UK Forum. The best advice I could give you is to engage a licensed Electrician experienced in this work. You can assist with labouring but it's not a diy task, in my humble opinion.

Sorry Chris I don't know anything about American electrical supplies but welcome to the forum anyway.

Reply to 208Y/120 3P 4 wire 200 amp service ground/ neutral help in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock