Discuss 20mm PVC conduit crossover / hopover? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

overskilled

-
Mentor
Arms
Reaction score
Don't do much conduit work...finishing my garage wire up and socket conduit needs to hopover the light circuit conduit. Can you buy these ready made or is it a case of bend your own?
*tin helmet on*

Or you could use an intersection box.

Don't do much conduit work...finishing my garage wire up and socket conduit needs to hopover the light circuit conduit. Can you buy these ready made or is it a case of bend your own?
*tin helmet on*
I can't work out if your kidding or serious lol

con box.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have circuits in seperate conduit!

They are..mainly as the lights are broken up (to allow me to have light while fixing another) and it results in that 20mm being on the full size..

Got the spring already, just a matter of time saving, why spend the time bending it when you can buy off the shelf...

Which reg is that then? I must have missed that change.

I didn't mean you have to have them in seperate conduit lol, I meant that he must have had them already wired in seperate conduit so needed to go over the lighting conduit already installed, this may not be the case was just having a guess.

I didn't mean you have to have them in seperate conduit lol, I meant that he must have had them already wired in seperate conduit so needed to go over the lighting conduit already installed, this may not be the case was just having a guess.

Cheers. Thought they'd sneaked a change in!

And I agree bend it yourself - a ready made 90 degree bend costs almost as much a 3m length of tube.

I've never seen a pre-made "cross-over", presumably because if you wanted to cross a 4" soil pipe, a 40mm waste pipe and a 20mm conduit you'd have to buy three different size fittings. There would need to be hundreds of variants to cater for all possibilities.

Cheers. Thought they'd sneaked a change in!

And I agree bend it yourself - a ready made 90 degree bend costs almost as much a 3m length of tube.

I've never seen a pre-made "cross-over", presumably because if you wanted to cross a 4" soil pipe, a 40mm waste pipe and a 20mm conduit you'd have to buy three different size fittings. There would need to be hundreds of variants to cater for all possibilities.

Business opportunity for someone then...money to be made...

I quite like this idea...novel thinking :)

And if some bright spark comes on in minute shouting I.P rating Zero, then use a small piece of flex conduit within the box to link the tubes..

On the Commercial sites I work on it's quite normal to see straight tube then flex conduit to jump a beam or other obstruction.

Last edited:

Reply to 20mm PVC conduit crossover / hopover? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net