Discuss 22GW to 11GW - DECC halve solar ambition in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Where did you hear that?

This is one their website "Uptake by 2020 will however depend on when solar PV becomes viable with little or no subsidy and 22GW by 2020 is an achievable ambition if industry can get its cost down quickly"

It would be stupid to down grade our target to 11 GW based on a few months of low installation figures

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what it says:
72. At 11.9GW the central 2020 deployment projection is considerably less than the central estimate in the draft February Phase 2A IA at 22GW. This is largely because PB's estimate for the cost of large scale PV installations is significantly higher than in their February report, and PB projects much slower reductions in installation costs from 2014 onwards than previously estimated. Furthermore, it is assumed that investor hurdle rates are higher than before, leading to less uptake at a given tariff. The sensitivity of deployment to these assumptions is analysed through scenarios in the “Sensitivities” section below. This shows a possible range of deployment of 3.5GW to 21.1GW in 2020.

PB is Parsons Brinckerhoff.

Again tucked away in the impact assessment.

I have to make this point though. "The energy efficiency requirement. This is modelled on a similar basis as in the Phase 1 impact assessment. It is assumed that the requirement reduces available technical potential for deployment by 40% in 2012/13, 25% in 2013/14 and by 10% from 2014-15 onwards."

If the EPC requirement were to be removed what would the projection by till 2020? I would guess t would be between around 15-20 GW

Another point to make why did they waste time looking at option 1- which was do nothing?

Who the hell is suggesting we do nothing? What a waste of time coming up with an impact assessment that nobody is suggesting should happen - was anyone advocating 21p/kWh be kept for all new installations for next few years?

What I'm a little peeved about is the media coverage from our green media friends suggesting that the industry is welcoming it. Maybe the big guys and the floor tile companies ;-) but I'm not sure I welcome it. I'm having to fork out for re-printing of literature for the 3rd time in 7 months binning perfectly good marketing materials and I'm trying to work out how many jobs we need to get in before August to see us through the Winter.

You need to get a sign put up outside your office similar to those used at petrol stations. You could change the rate every day.

Reply to 22GW to 11GW - DECC halve solar ambition in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock