Discuss 22Kw Motor, 415v Cable Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

LCSE

Hi all,

Just a quick check to make sure I've got the right size cable really.

I have been asked to wire up a conveyor system which has a 22Kw, 415v motor. With the following information I have determined that I require a 50mm 4 core SWA cable for the installation and would just like to clarify that this is correct. I have run the information through a cable sizing calc as well and have come up with 50mm csa per phase as well

22Kw Motor 415V
Cable run in Meters apx 430m
22Kw Soft Starter (41 amp)
Either installed on Cable Tray or Buried Direct in to the ground (worst case scenario) with no other cables
70C Thermoplastic Insulated Multi-Core Armoured
Ambient Temp of 30C if on Tray and if Buried 20C
Soil Thermal Resistivity 2.5 K.m/W (if required)
Short Circuit kA 25

My client has been told (by another) that he will require either a 70mm cable or a 95mm cable. Is this correct or have I missed something given the information above?

Also it would be a nightmare trying to connect either a 70mm or 95mm cable to the motor connections

Any help or enlightenment would be helpful

LCSE

Run a single CPC out to it, I believe you only really require half of the CSA of the Line conductors..

See Table 54G in regs, I think it is.

It will work out cheaper.

I thought you had to calculate the potential Ze to prove cpc selection is correct...............unless it is the same size as the line conductors?

Sorry, don't have my regs close by.

tony, i think he's got a cable calc. app. on his phone. i'd only trust it if you'd prepared it. LOL.

Reply to 22Kw Motor, 415v Cable Installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So, I already have solar (an older FITS installation) and it's been particularly successful so I want to extend this. I'd like to do two things at...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
I am in the process of installing a 5 core 70mm feeder cable for a DB. 70mm cable lugs are too large for the cores but 50mm fit perfectly. I have...
Replies
Views
At the origin the installation is TT. Plan is to install a submain to a new db. Not carried out all the calcs yet, but my question is does the swa...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9648
D
C
Dear Members, Seeking your view to assess a risk for replacement one length of PVC/SWA/PVC Cable. Back Ground: A 90 KW Motor is connected to...
Replies
Views
chlee-penang
C

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock