Discuss 230v to 12v in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

paul28

-
Reaction score
Hi,new to the forum,
I bought a 12 v refrigerated unit, it was mounted on back of Tesco delivery truck running off a battery.
I now have it dismounted and I want to get it connected to the mains (230v)..
What kind of transformer do I need and how much would a job like this cost, - transformer supplied and fitted?
Thanks

Hi bud,is it off a smaller truck,like a Mercedes sprinter?
Also,does it have overnight mains hook-up?

We need to know its power rating to give a suggestion 230v to 12v dc is not an issue but without knowing the load capability we cannot on a solution.

That is just the battery rating I suspect and the 100amps is so high because it has to last a long time like a typical car battery is 100Ah it also will have the motor inrush to contend with so needs to be able to deliver the power to start the motor without significant volts drop. What would be better information wise would be the motor rating of the compressor itself then we just need a power supply that can handle it.

You might want to contact the manufacturers and see if the optional 230v hook up is available separately.

No separate controller for it, I'll try to find out the motor rating of the compressor and see were it takes me,
Thanks for all the replys,
No doubt I'll be back on again with more questions.

Reply to 230v to 12v in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am currently looking to add 12v led cob strip lights to my mother's kitchen but confused what I need. There are currently mains wires under the...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I purchased a Novopal 2000w/4000w(Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V. I purchased this so I can hook it up directly to...
Replies
Views
Hi - On our small vessel we have a 12v failry powerful motor to run the autopilot, where the power is supplied by the boat's battery bank. On an...
Replies
Views
Hope you're all well . I've had ring door bell 2nd generation hardwired for 1.5 yrs... it was connected to transformer which is connected to the...
Replies
Views
I have halogen lights in my kitchen under the wall units, there are ten lights altogether bulbs are either 10 watt or 20 watt G4 bulbs ( not sure...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock