Discuss 2330 Lvl 3- College pulled the plug. Advice? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

DrDeo

-
Reaction score
Hi all. Well i'm after a little advice really. I'm currently doing my 2330 Lvl 2 - Year 2 at Nuneaton College. Iv'e got my 203 and 205 in the next couple of weeks with my practical in May. We've just been informed today that the college is dropping 2330 Lvl 3. Apprentices are still carrying on with the course, but the rest of us oldies are kinda stuffed.
Any ideas people?
Thanks in advance.

I immagine you haven't paid for the next year yet, as you need to pass your lvl2 to advance?

Sounds like you have 1 option... look for a new college, how comes they are dropping the course? funding?

@spinlondon - No mate. Iv'e been taught what I paid for.

@danzor - Your dead right. I havent paid for lvl 3, and funding is the reason.

I have to be registered by end of March, but I now have nowhere to carry on. Gutted.

The college have not dropped the course, City & Guilds have. Last year as part of the Summit Skills review the level 2 & 3 qualifications were dropped in favour of a full level 3 qualification (2357) with no level 2 exams. Depending on when you took up the level 2 your college should of told you of the impending doom of 2330. They would have known at the start of last year as I did. Your only option is to start the full 2357 level 3 course which includes level 3 NVQ style assessment AND... AM2! Your only saving grace is that you should find most of the basic bits easy as you have already done them and of you apply the right kind of pressure you will get a discount from the college if they offer it to adults. BUT... you need to be in work as an electrician to do the qualification if the proposal I heard last year has been implemented in full. good luck.

Your right keefy. Unfortunately we were told that even with the new qualification looming, we would still be allowed to continue with 2330 lvl 3. As of today, I realise that wasn't true.

You should push for some refund due to miss-selling the course. It was quite clear that it was unlikely to be possible for people who started the level 2 last year would be able to complete the level 3 in time. It was touted that the last date for level 3 2330 enrolment was August 2010. Check with C&G if that was the case then challenge the college as to why you were not told this last year when they knew.

Reply to 2330 Lvl 3- College pulled the plug. Advice? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net