• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss 2391-52 training problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Seath

-
Reaction score
Hello,
Really need my 2391-52 so am saving up the £1K to sit the course and exams this autumn. I passed all my level 3 exams a 4 yrs ago and 17th edition NVQ finally finished a couple of yrs ago. I run my own small Electrical and property maintenance company so carry out what electrical work I am permitted to but it is difficult to get the experience in testing and inspecting.
My questions to whoever can help are:

1. Does anyone have a schematic for a 2391-52 test rig which I could then build and practice until it sinks in.
2. Is there any experienced testers in SE essex who would offer on site mentorship in return for electrical work labour?
3. Is there anyone else in a similar position who would like a study buddy?
Thanks for any advice Duncan

The rigs for the testing on the practical part are predetermined resistors on a switch grid defined by C&G for the centre. The rig is larger than your living room wall. The faults are random and they switch in a fault through a resistor or broken/shorted line. I don't think it is easy to simulate that at home or in the garden shed sadly. Although I would say if you think through the possible faults you have/could encounter they are really around resistance high and sometime low, shorts or open circuits wrong polarity what else can you think of and how are you going to test them?

I went for the other course held by EAL because I failed the 2391 due to being rubbish at getting things from my head to paper.

I passed the EAL and it was much better because it was more in the "real world" but I understand some companys do ask for 2391 only.

Goodluck with it last I heard it had a 14% pass rate : (

Who currently does the testing of the electrical installations you carry out? Can they give any advice etc?

Reply to 2391-52 training problem in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back