Discuss 2391 books in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

voltage

Hi guys i want to get myself prepared for the 2391 at some point and was wondering what books do i need ?

I have BS 7671:2008 also have the on site guide and the building regs book green one
i belive i need GN3 and also have spotted a book called exam success could you tell me if i need it or it would help or what you guys reccommend

Guidance Note 3: Inspection and Testing Guidance Notes for Bs 7671: Amazon.co.uk: Jon Elliot: Books is this the GN3 i need ?

City and Guilds Exam Success: Inspection and Testing IEE Wiring Regulations: Amazon.co.uk: Jonathan Elliott, Mark Coles: Books would this be any help ?

i can recommend christopher kitcher's guide to inspection and testing. it's got pictures as well, so enen i can follow it.

Read the GN3. Learn it and understand it. That is all you will need for the written examination.

But...........being competent in a practical manner is a completely different ball game to writting words.

All the best with your studies.

Last edited by a moderator:
The exam book is very good as it gives you a couple of exam examples in the back, and it will tell you how to complete the exam so well worth getting.

Electrician's Guide to Inspection & Testing - Based on BS7671 : 2008 17th Edition: Amazon.co.uk: Amicus: Books

The above book and the little red one they also do, no not Chairmans Mao, are also excellent books at 7 pounds a piece.

Thanks guys yeah i have that little yellow book mal very good indeed :) so it looks like GN3 and the exam success book it is then and ill also look at that chris kirtcher one as i've watched a few youtube clips on his stuff and its very good. Many thsnks guys much appreciated.

Reply to 2391 books in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net